What is dandruff?
Dandruff is a condition in which flakes of skin appear. It causes a lot of itching of the scalp and may cause itching. A large number of people suffer from dandruff all over the world. It occurs commonly in men and women. There are different causes of dandruff. You can read here to know how to stop dandruff:
- People suffering from seborrheic dermatitis are more to suffer from dandruff.
- People who do not brush their hair are at higher risk of developing dandruff. Insufficient brushing does not allow the dead cells to fall out and this can give rise to dandruff.
- People with a weak immune system can also develop dandruff. They are more prone to suffer from dandruff as they are prone to get easily affected by germs.
- Dryness of the skin is also an important condition that can also cause dandruff.
- Many people use harsh products for their hair that can also cause dandruff.
- Diet also can be the reason for causing dandruff. Lack of proper nutrients can cause dryness of the scalp that can give rise to dandruff.
How to get rid of dandruff?
People suffering from dandruff can also use home remedies to prevent dandruff. A few tips are given here to get rid of dandruff at home:
Do not use excessive hair oil as it can be the cause of dandruff. Application of hair oil can aggravate the formation dandruff.
Vinegar is also a good home remedy for dandruff. Vinegar has acidic content that helps in reducing flaking.
Baking soda is also a wonderful home remedy to prevent dandruff. It helps in removing dead skin cells. You can mix baking soda in water and can apply on your scalp and leave it for half an hour. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. You can also mix baking soda with your shampoo while washing your hair to get the results. It exfoliates the skin and helps in removing dead skin cells quickly thus giving you relief from dandruff and itching.
Neem is another useful home remedy for dandruff. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help in removing the dandruff. Boil a few leaves in water and use the water to wash your hair at least two times in a week to get the results.
Garlic: This is an excellent natural home remedy. It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties and help to get rid of dandruff easily. You can use raw garlic. Take a few cloves of garlic and crush them. Mix them with water to make paste. Apply it on your scalp. If smell of garlic irritates, you can mix it with honey. Leave it for half an hour and rinse with water. It will help to remove flakes from the skin quickly.