What are Age spots?
Age spots on face are also called as sun spots or liver spots. These are black spots on face that may occur due to excessive exposure to sun and excessive production of the melanin pigment. These are harmless, flat and produce brown discoloration on the skin. These mostly occur on the exposed areas of the skin. Dark spots on skin may occur on back of hands, face, neck and other exposed parts of the skin. These are mostly seen after 40 years of age. These are harmless but can affect your appearance and too many black spots on face can reveal your age. If there are irregular dark spots on skin that may increase in size and change color, it is important to get them checked properly because it could be skin cancer.
Causes of Age spots on face
- The most common cause of age spots on face is damage produced by the rays of the sun when your skin is exposed to the sun for many years.
- In some people, black spots on face may be seen that may occur due to liver dysfunction and nutritional deficiencies. When people do not eat healthy diet, toxins get accumulated in the body and age spots or liver spots begin to develop. Lack of antioxidants in diet can also cause age spots.
- It takes a long time for the age spots to develop and it will also take time to get rid of these spots. To prevent dark spots on skin it is recommended to use a natural sun screen lotion while going out in the sun.
Home remedies for Age spots
There are many useful remedies available at your home and you can get rid of age spots by using home remedies on a regular basis. A few useful home remedies are:
- Take two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and add equal amount of onion juice. Apply it all over the face and leave it for half an hour. Wash your face with clean water. Apply it regularly to get rid of age spots.
- Aloe Vera juice or pulp is an excellent home remedy for age spots on face. It has been used traditionally for skin problems. You can simply rub the aloe Vera juice or gel on the affected areas of skin, two times in a day to get rid of age spots.
- Lemon juice is a wonderful home remedy for black spots on face. You can simply dab a cotton swab in lemon juice and can apply on your skin. Leave it for half an hour and wash afterwards with clean water to bring a fresh look to your skin.
- Castor oil is another home remedy that helps to improve the appearance of your face by removing age spots. You can apply it directly on the affected areas of your skin, two times in a day to get good results.