Bones tend to break when excessive pressure is put on them. Any break in the bone is called as a fracture. There are different types of fracture. If the bone breaks and skin becomes visible, it is called as an open fracture and if there is only a stress fracture due to repeated forces, it is called as hairline or closed fracture. Fracture is an emergency situation and has to be given first aid as soon as possible. Most fractures result due to continuous compression of the bones or due to some high stress. Sometimes, fracture may also result due to medical conditions that cause weakness of the bones. Osteoporosis and bone cancer are two medical conditions that causes weakness of the bones and may lead to fractures. Any bone may break. Bones are hard and can bear the strong forces. Bones break only if the forces acting on the bone are too strong or if there is a weak bone. Open fractures are more dangerous than the closed fractures. Open fractures are prone to produce infection and inflammation of the broken bone. As a person becomes older, bone become weak and tends to break easily. It is also useful in bone fracture treatment.
Causes of fracture
There are different causes of fracture. Some common causes of fracture are:
- If one falls from a height, there are chances that a break may occur in one or more bones of the body.
- Some people suffer from fractures during a motor vehicle accident.
- If a person suffers from direct blow to any bone from a hard object, it may cause fracture of the bone.
- Continuous running for longer periods of time in athletes may cause stress fractures in smaller bones of the foot such as ankle, tibia, fibula, etc.
- Old people are prone to fall easily due to weakness of bones caused by osteoporosis or bone cancer. Osteoporosis is more common in women than men.
- Other diseases such as diabetes may also produce rapid osteoporosis and weakness of the bones.
Symptoms of fracture
Symptoms of fracture help a person to determine the break in the continuity of the bone. Some common symptoms of bone fracture are:
- The affected joint of bone looks dislocated.
- There is swelling and pain around the affected bone.
- Numbness may be present in the affected part.
- Person is unable to move the part.
- There is intense bruising pain in the bone.
- Bleeding may occur in the broken bone.
- People having bone fracture is not able to put weight or pressure on the affected bone.
Buy Divya Lakshadi Guggul 40 gm
Bone fracture treatment
Generally, a plaster is applied on the broken bone. Natural remedies for broken bones also help in quick healing of the bones. Natural remedies for broken bones supply essential nutrients to the broken bones and help in rapid healing. Herbs for broken bones are very useful in reducing the pain and swelling of the affected bone. Divya Lakshadi guggul is an excellent herbal remedy for bone fracture treatment. This herbal remedy has been used since ages for the treatment of bone fracture. This herbal remedy may be taken regularly for quick healing of the fractured bone. It is one of the best natural remedies for broken bone and provide essential nutrient to the broken bone for rapid healing. Divya Lakshadi guggul also help in reducing the pain and swelling of the broken bone and give immediate relief from pain.
Divya Lakshadi guggul is an excellent herbal remedy for the broken bones. It supplies the necessary nutrition to the broken bone for rapid healing.
Home remedies for fracture of broken bones
Home remedies are very useful in rapid healing of the fractures. It is easy to take home remedies because these are safe and natural and may be taken regularly to boost up the energy and for quick healing. Some useful home remedies for broken bones are:
- Avoid drinking any liquids that contain caffeine. It may reduce the speed of bone healing.
- Do not eat foods that contain preservatives as they may consist of phosphorus that can cause bone loss.
- Eat foods that are rich in calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. The combination of these three minerals helps in quick healing of the bone fracture. Green leafy vegetables, molasses, soybeans, oysters etc. are good foods that supply you with necessary minerals to help re-growth of the bone tissue.
- Foods such as walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds are good for healthy functioning of the bones. These foods support the bone formation quickly and help in rapid bone healing.
- Avoid highly processed foods as they contain high amount of salt that may enhance bone loss.
- Expose the fractured bone to the sunlight for 15-20 minutes for absorption of vitamin D which helps in proper absorption of the calcium.
- It is important to keep the fractured bone in the right position for natural healing. Rest the limb at an elevation or use some support to reduce the strain.
- Pineapple is an excellent home remedy for quick healing of the fractured bone because it consists of bromelain that is anti-inflammatory and also reduces pain.
- Sesame seeds and soy flour also helps in quick healing of the bones. You may soak some sesame seeds in water overnight and grind them to make a paste. Take one tea spoon of this sesame seeds paste with one glass of hot milk everyday to get rid of pain and swelling.
Precautions to prevent fracture
One may take certain precautions to prevent fractures. People may also take precautions after the fracture for rapid healing. Some useful tips to prevent fractures are:
- Women should take increased amount of calcium in diet to prevent osteoporosis after menopause to prevent weakening of the bones.
- Do not move the part where bone is broken. Put a sling or splint to avoid any movement.
- Ice packs may be applied to the injured part to reduce swelling and pain.
- Wear protective gears while driving motor vehicles to prevent any injury during an accident.
- Do not let children climb at heights.