Chronic cough is a cough which persists. Actually this is not a disease but it is mere a symptom of an underlying condition. This is a common problem and usually when weather changes most of the people face the issue of cough. To get rid of cough is even not a big deal the thing is that you have to take special care.
Actually there is two types of cough acute and chronic and also both have different signs and symptoms. Further acute cough is results of two infectious or noninfectious issues. When acute cough takes place due to any infection then the patient may have vomiting, fever, body aches, sore throat, nausea, chills, headache, sinus pressure, night sweats, post nasal drip and runny nose. When you come in the contact with any chemical or a thing with strong smell or in an environment having irritants, the cough takes place. The cough also comes along with wheezing.
Here mentioned are some of the symptoms of the chronic cough. The cough takes place with the present of environmental irritants; smoking is another reason of coughing. Some of the lung diseases like chronic bronchitis, asthma or emphysema can be the reason of cough. Those who have cough due to sinus problem or chronic runny nose or chronic postnasal drip then it may have headache.
The main and the common causes of the cough are asthma, sinus problems, allergic infections and esophageal reflux of stomach contents. Some of the causes of the cough are smoking. Asthma is a breathing disease and in some cases, chronic cough is the only symptom to identify asthma. GERD (gastroesophageal disease) is actually an acid reflux or also known as backward flow of stomach acid. Its main symptom is cough and shortness of breath. Postnasal drip and sinus issues causes chronic cough with mucus. Some infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can also give way to chronic cough. Usually they are the result of bacterial infections.
It is true that cough is not a very big issue and sometimes can be treated at home but if you are facing the severe problem then you are suggested to visit your doctor as soon as possible. The things at that time will help you are that you have to drink plenty of water as this will help you to be hydrated. Also, after small gaps gargle with lukewarm water added a pinch of salt in it. Avoid smoking and usage of tobacco products. Avoid visiting the area with dust and other pollutants as this can give way to cough. Try to elevate your head with using extra pillows at the night time. Have cough drops to relief the condition.
Nutrients not only good for your health but it can also play good role in treating cough. So, when you have cough you can have supplement of nutrient as you can have magnesium. Supplements of Vitamin A, E and C are also good for you.
If you are having coughed and have sore throat with runny nose then it is possible that you may have muscle ache and this is not the right time to do exercises. It is true that exercise is good for health and helps to boost the immune system and if having strong immunity then you are able to fight with problems like cough. But in case of cough you have to avoid doing exercises as you had feverish feeling, along with nausea and fatigue and in this case if you will do exercise your condition may go worse.
A simple way is here that will help you to decide rather do exercise or not and that is neck up and neck down. As if you are having runny nose and headache then you have mild cough so you are ready to do mild workout. Just remember one thing you haven’t face difficulty in breathing.
On the other hand, if the body has symptoms over neck down like pain in chest or inflamed tissues then it is good to avoid exercises as exercise can worsen the situation. So, you have to take only rest at that time.
Home Remedies for Cough
Cough is not a severe disease and also it can be treated with usage of kitchen items. Some of the useful ones are given below:
- Black Cumin Seeds- Take a pinch of black cumin seeds along with a pinch of common salt. Now, add this on the 3 peppercorns. You can suck these to get easy relief from cough.
- Clove- Take 5 drops of clove oil and mixes it with crushed garlic and adds ½ spoon of honey to it. This mixture if taken on daily basis then proves wonderful home remedy for cough. You can also try another home remedy with clove and for that you can burn a clove over a pan. When it becomes lukewarm put it in your mouth and suck it slowly.
- Turmeric Powder- Add a spoon of turmeric powder in a cup of boiling water along with a spoon of carom seeds. Boil the water till it reduces to half. Add a spoon of honey to it and take twice a day.
Herbal Remedies for Cough
- Angelica- The root of Angelic herb is stimulating medicine and so it the reason is been used from thousands of years in the medical history for the treatment of coughs and colds.
- Fennel- For respiratory disorders you are suggested to drink tea made up of fennel. The herb has alpha-pinene and creosol and so loosens the bronchial discharges. It can even prove calmly for coughs.
- Wild Cherry- It is the major part of any of the medicines made up for relief of coughs.