What is menstrual cramps?
Menstrual cramps refer to the pain suffered by a woman during the menstrual periods. Many women experience cramps pain in the lower abdomen. There is sharp pain in the lower abdomen that comes and goes during the menstrual periods. The pain may also extend to the back. Many times it becomes difficult for a woman to perform daily living activities due to excessive pain in the lower abdomen and back. Young girls feel irritated due to cramps pains in the abdomen and back. Pain may be mild or severe.
Causes of menstrual cramps
There are two types of dysmenorrheal or menstrual cramps. One is of primary category and other is of secondary type. In primary type of menstrual cramps, pain starts at the beginning of the menstrual periods. There is no specific cause of the pain. It is believed to occur due to increased activity of the hormone prostaglandin. In secondary type of menstrual cramps, pain develops later and it is often related to other problems in women such as fibroids, endometriosis, sexually transmitted disease, stress and anxiety, etc. It is recommended that women suffering from menstrual cramps should take home remedies or herbal remedies to get rid of menstrual cramps.
How to stop menstrual cramps?
Women suffering from excessive menstrual cramps can take some measures to stop pain. Some useful tips are given here that may help in getting rid of menstrual pain:
- Apply a hot water bottle on the lower part of your abdomen. Do not sleep when you are having a heating bottle with you.
- It is advised to drink hot beverages such as tea and coffee to get immediate relief from menstrual cramps.
- Try to eat small meals at frequent intervals of time.
- Massage your lower abdominal portions gently with your fingers. This increases the circulation of blood to the area and give relief from pain.
- Meditation and yoga asana also helps in reducing menstrual cramps. Try to do simple yoga exercise during menstrual periods to get relief from pain.
- Try to eat healthy food that is rich in vitamins and minerals. You can also take hot showers or baths to get relief from pain.
- Overweight women should try to lose excessive weight by doing light exercise. Be regular in doing exercise to keep you fit and healthy.
Menstrual cramps remedies
Divya Stri Rasayan Vatiis a wonderful herbal remedy that gives quick relief from discomfort felt during the menstrual period. Women suffering from menstrual cramps should take this herbal remedy regularly before the periods to get rid of pain. This herbal remedy also helps in balancing the hormones. It may be taken regularly as it does not produce any side effects. Divya Stri Rasayana vati is believed to be an excellent solution for menstrual cramps. It gives immediate relief from acute pain during menstrual periods. This herbal remedy provide support to the reproductive organs in women and gives quick relief from menstrual cramps.