Formation of stomach gas is a common gastric trouble and people of all ages may suffer from this problem due to improper digestion of food. People take antacids and other conventional medicines to get rid of stomach gas. Home remedies for gas are very useful. People search the web for how to get rid of stomach gas. They try to find alternative treatment for stomach gas. Home remedies for gas provide quick results. Home remedies are safe and may be taken regularly to prevent the formation of gas:
- Garlic is a wonderful home remedy for stomach gas. People suffering from stomach gas may use garlic in daily diet to prevent formation of gas and for proper digestion of the food. It is an excellent gas relief home remedy.
- Add a pinch of rock salt in a glass of warm water and one teaspoon of lemon to prevent the formation of gas and for getting rid of other gastric troubles. It is a wonderful gas relief home remedy.
- Avoid eating fried and spicy food to prevent formation of gas in the stomach. Eat a light meal at night to prevent gastric disorders.
- Eat your dinner on time for proper digestion of the food. Eat your last meal at about 7:00 or maximum 8:00 pm for easy and quick digestion of food.
- Coconut water also is a wonderful home remedy for stomach gas. It also helps to get rid of stomach problems.
- Chew a few mint leaves to prevent the formation of stomach gas. Mint is a wonderful home remedy to prevent gas formation and for preventing stomach troubles.
- Ginger tea is also a good home remedy for gastric troubles. Ginger tea also helps in preventing the formation of gas.
- Asafetida is also a great home remedy for stomach gas. Eat a pinch of asafetida powder during the formation of gas and drink a glass of water.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and cigarette smoking as this can also produce stomach gas. Excessive tea and coffee can also produce stomach gas.
- Water is an excellent home remedy as it helps to remove the chemical and useless substances out of the body.
How to get rid of stomach gas?
Herbal remedies also help in the treatment of stomach gas. Herbal remedies are safe and provide quick relief from stomach gas. Herbal remedies may be taken regularly to get rid of stomach troubles. Important herbal remedies for the treatment of stomach gas are:
Gaisahara churna: This is a wonderful natural remedy for the treatment of stomach gas. It is a combination of natural herbs that help in proper digestion of the food. It helps to get rid of different types of gastric troubles without producing any side effects. It stimulates the enzymes and gastric cells to secrete proper digestive juices. Thus, it helps in stimulating the functions of the digestive system and prevents any further complications.
Udara Kalpa churna: This is a blend of herbs that provide quick relief from stomach gas. It maintains normal acid base balance in the body. It helps in getting quick relief from gastric troubles. It is a natural remedy and may be taken regularly to prevent formation of gas in the stomach.
Dosage and mode of administration
Mix both the products together and divide into sixty equal parts. Take one part empty stomach in the morning and one part in the evening, half an hour before eating dinner with a glass of warm water.
Stomach gas may occur due to a variety of reasons. It may be due to some chronic ailment of stomach and other digestive organs or it may be due to some other ailment. It is important to find out the correct reason for stomach gas to get rid of it. Stomach gas occurs due to improper food digestion. There is improper secretion of gastric juice and other digestive juices that lead to the formation of stomach gas.
Causes of stomach gas
There is a different cause of stomach gas in every individual. It is important to determine the right cause of the problem to get the best treatment. Some of the common causes of stomach gas are given below:
- Bacterial infection is an important cause of gastric trouble. Stomach gas is a common symptom of all kinds of gastric troubles.
- Improper diet is another important cause. Spicy and fried food is responsible for the formation of stomach gas. People who eat junk food can also suffer from gastric problems such as formation of stomach gas.
- Gastric diseases such as gastro esophageal disease, peptic ulcers, gastric sprue, stomach cancer, inflammation of the gastric cells, etc. are also responsible for producing stomach gas.
- Stomach gas is a common complaint in pregnant women. There is constant pressure on the developing fetus. It happens due to lack of exercise.
- People living a sedentary life can also produce gastric complaints. This happens due to lack of exercise.
- Excessive intake of prescription remedies is also a major cause of stomach gas formation. People suffering from chronic diseases have to take prescription remedies and that may cause gastric troubles.
- Stress and anxiety also produce stomach gas. Loss of sleep or improper sleep is also a major cause of gastric troubles.
- Excessive drinking of alcohol and smoking of too many cigarettes can also produce stomach gas. Therefore, alcohol drinking is also an important cause of gastric problems.
- Drinking too much caffeine and nicotine in the form of tea and coffee also produces gastric ailments. Avoid eating fatty foods to prevent the formation of stomach gas.
People suffering from recurrent attacks of stomach gas can prevent it by making some changes in lifestyle and diet. Eat healthy diet including fresh fruits and vegetables. One should eat light meals. Eating small meals at frequent intervals of time helps to prevent stomach gas. Avoid stress by doing meditation and exercise. Yoga helps to stimulate the gastric organs for proper functioning. Avoid drinking tea and coffee to prevent stomach gas. Drink lots of water to get rid of stomach complaints.