A person must have a bowel movement daily if his condition is normal. Also, if he has 3-21 bowel movements in a week than also is called in normal conditions but if the person having less than 3 bowel movements in a week than can estimated that he is constipated. Constipation is also of three kinds like normal, mild or severe. All the three are different from one another.
Causes of Constipation
Constipation takes place due to slow passage of digested food through the intestine and specifically in colon. When the food we eat moves from the colon it absorbs the water lies in it and then it form the waste which further changes in stool. If the too much water is absorbed by the colon than it may results in constipation. There are lots of causes of constipation. Some of them are stress, inadequate amount of drinking water, having low fiber diet, having dairy products in good amount, doing very less exercises or physical work.
If having urge of bowel movement frequently than it may cause constipation. Sometimes few diseases may give way to constipation as they affect the central nervous system and colon. Name of these kinds of some diseases are multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’ s disease, depression, hypothyroidism, colon cancer, diabetes, spinal cord injuries, scleroderma and list is very long. Pregnancy and hormonal changes can also give way to constipation.
General Symptoms of Constipation
The symptoms of the constipation lies upon the condition, type as well as severity of the disease. Also, the symptoms depend over person to person. But some of the usual and common ones are hard stool, Infrequent stools, even after bowel movement there is sense of incomplete bowel passes and most importantly difficulty in passing the stools. Also, if you having the acute constipation than bleeding, some pain, nausea, unexplainable loss in weight, vomiting and cramps can also come along with constipation.
Herbal Remedies for Constipation
If you are suffering from the problem of constipation than you have to try Swami Ramdev’s Divya Triphala Churna. It is rare combination of three herbs that are meant to help the natural bowel movement. The Tri of the Triphala means three whereas phala means fruits. And the three useful fruits are amlaki, haritaki and bibhitaki. The three herbs works wonderfully in case of having any problem with gastrointestinal problems for that you just have to eat 2 spoons of the Divya Triphala Churna on regular basis with warm water. Also, this natural product is free from any kind of side effects.
Buy Divya Triphala Churna (100 gm)
|2 Bottles + EMS Shipping Charges||$34.00||Paid, Trackable|
|5 Bottles, EMS Shipping Free||$54.90||Free, Trackable|
|1 Bottles, Reg. Shipping Free||$15.00||Free, Untrackable|
|2 Bottles, Reg. Shipping Free||$25.00||Free, Untrackable|
Exercise for Constipation
Simple breathing exercises can prove helpful in case of having constipation. These works wonderful even for the children and pregnant woman as it helps to get rid of chronic constipation.
- This is simplest one and can be practiced even sitting at your toilet seat. You just have to practice nasal breathing. Those who have problem of high blood pressure should avoid doing the same as long breaths can create rise in breath which can be sometimes problematic.
- Slowly inhale by using your abdominal muscles hold until the belly is filled with air. Now, exhale the air by relaxing your diaphragm. This exercise will help to increase the blood oxygen level.
- Now, slowly come in relax position by exhaling. Pinch your nose and then try to hold the breath for next time till you feel lack of oxygen. Slowly release your nose and exhale. Do the same and try to hold the breath for more. Your goal is to hold the breath for at least 1-2 minutes. It will relax the muscles of the body and also get rid the problem of constipation and pain associated to it. Those who are heart patients are at risk of having panic attacks, and have problem of migraine should not practice the same.
Those who are having constipation must have light diet which is easy to digest. No need to eat stale food. Always eat fresh foods. You can even eat vegetables, salads and fruits. Have food only when you are hungry and there must be gap of 4 hours between the meals. Eat cereals and whole grain bread. Sleep in a maintained sleeping pattern. Try to avoid fried foods, beans and foods that can give way to gas like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.
Having drinks in good amount helps to lessen the problem of constipation. You can eat raisins, raw vegetables, prunes and figs, shredded wheat, popcorn, legumes, bran muffins and bran cereals, Foods made up of whole grains, fiber wafers and vegetable soup. Also, Eat fresh fruits with the skin of it. You can eat grapes, apples and peaches too.
Some fruits like cantaloupe and water melon have high water content so try to eat them in good amount.
- Fiber- You can also eat fiber foods in good amount. Fiber actually is a part of plant material and it is hard to digest but this is helpful for those who are suffering with constipation as it provides softness and bulk to the stool. You can eat about 20-25 gm of fiber in a day.
- So many fruits have good amount of dietary fiber and also comes along with their nutritional benefits. You can have any of the fruits like figs, papaya, prunes, pineapple, apricots, peaches, and pears.
Home remedies for Constipation- You can get rid of the bowel condition even by using some of the kitchen items.
- Warm Milk- Have a cup of warm milk before sleeping at night it will give easy evacuation in the morning. If having severe constipation then you can add 2 spoons of castor oil in the milk.
- Lemon Juice- Take a glass of warm water, add lemon juice in it. Now, you can have it two-three times in a day and get rid of constipation problem.