Cold is frequent problem and so many viruses can be the cause of cold and the reasons they develop constantly. The body is not able to fight with all the viruses. About children who are in there preschool or in elementary school have around 10 times cold in a year and on the other hand, adults have around 6 times cold every year.
When you caught with the cold then you may face the symptoms after 2-3 days. Some of the common symptoms of the cold are sore throat, cough, mucus build up in nose area, running nose, congestion in nasal area, tiredness and sneezing. Even some of the people have headache anda feeling of chilling, having difficulty in breathing, swelling in sinuses. Usually fever not takes place at that time butif the fever is present with the other symptoms then it becomes flu. Usually the symptoms stay for 2- 12 days but most of thepeople got relieve after 9-10 days. If they stay for more than 2 weeks you have to visit your physician.
About 200 different types of viruses are known to causes common cold. From them rhinovirus is one which causes around 30%-35% adult colds. Some of the other viruses known to cause cold are adenovirus, coronavirus, Para influenza virus and respiratory syncytial virus. This is called a transmitted disease and the virus travels from hand to hand as ifyou shake hand with a person having cold then you are at huge risk of having the same.
Regular exercise is good for those who want to get rid of cold as soon as possible. The reason is that exercise helps to build up your stamina and boost your immunity so that body becomes able to fight with some simple infections like cough and colds itself. Even you are regular doer of exercises then you can fight with huge problems like type 2 diabetes, heart issues, and osteoporosis and with some cancers.
Regular exercising helps to increase the natural killer cells by 50-300% and these cells supports the immune system. You can go for a walk daily for about 20-30 minutes and can also spend some time in gym. Even surveys declared that those who walk regularly have less cold in comparison of those who don’t walk.
Have right food and Sooth the Common Cold
Nutrition is very much important for body because it supports the immune system. Some of the foods can helps you to soothe the symptoms of cold. This wonder food is chicken soup if you have this regularly then may have better feeling than others having cold. Another thing that can provide you relief is the sweets. Even surveys declare that honey, brown sugar, white sugar and molasses helps to soothe the sore throat and also irritated mucous membranes.Lemons are also good to fight with common cold. Some of the hot foods like horseradish, onions and peppers help to irritate the membranes lining of the mouth and nose. Also, water comes from your eyes after having that. So, the task goes easy to blow your nose or cough the mucus.Coffee can also help to relief the condition of common cold. It makes you alert and also relieves from headache.
If you are having cold then avoid staying in cold places. Even cover your nose in a cool place. Also, you have to drink hot water preferably if having cold. You can even add lemon juice and honey in water for avoiding runny nose.
Home Remedies for Common Cold
- Ginger- Take some ginger and clove. Now, mix both of them along with salt and make a fine paste. Take half spoon of the paste two times in a day. It is easy as well as effective home remedy for cold. You can prepare ginger tea at home by adding some ginger in boiling water and then add tea leaves. The resultant water is an effective remedy for cold.
- Almond Oil- Take some fresh almond oil. Now, put some drops of this oil in your nostrils. It will cure runny nose and cold easily.
- Thymol seeds- You can inhale the aroma of some cracked thymol seeds.
- Eucalyptus Oil- Add some drops of oil in boiling water and have steam with that. It will give you relief from cold and flu.
- Have Vitamin C Rich Foods- if you have deficiency of Vitamin C then have more chances to affect by cold. So, eat lots and lots of fruits like amla, grapes, oranges, berries and sweet lime as have good amount of Vitamin C.
- Pepper- Add ½ spoon of pepper powder in lukewarm water. Have it as it will give you relief. You can also gargle with water add pepper powder in it too prevent yourself from germs and cold viruses.
- Turmeric- Inhale the fumes of turmeric powder. For that you can sprinkle a pinch of powder on the burning coal. It will prevent runny nose. You can either eat ½ spoon of turmeric powder 2 times a day for good results.
Herbal Remedies for common Cold
Apple cider Vinegar
When apple cider vinegar is in its raw form then it has enzyme chain and so it has ability to fight with so many infections. Some of the common ones are arthritis and acid reflux disease. It also helps to lessen cholesterol, allergies, acne, calcium deposits and muscle fatigue. It helps to increase your stamina and soothes the sore throat.
Blue Green Algae
It have amount of chlorophyll which is antioxidant and deep green pigment. This proves wonder food for allergies as well as infections because of having Vitamins and Minerals in good amount. It also has antibacterial properties too.
Pure water is the key of healthy living. To can have that from market but may have chances of having plastic residues in it. So, you are advised to prepare that at home.